Wednesday, December 2, 2015

TSW Liberty Shirt with Border Print


Another Liberty Shirt; I think this is the fourth one I've made, but they all look a bit different based on the fabric This time I used a cotton that came from JoAnn's and has been in my stash for several years. I had just enough and resorted to a mandarin style collar in order to make it work.

The fabric had a border print on both selvages and I had enough to center the pattern along the back hem and the sleeves. The photos below show the border print in more detail:



I had just enough of the lemon print for the fronts and collar.

Here are the illustration from the envelope and the technical drawings to give you an idea of what the design looks like. This pattern is a favorite of mine, and I love how it looks with the border print!





These photos are also from the wintery post-Thanksgiving photo shoot, so I'll try to get some photos on me later so you can see how it looks on a person.

5 comments:

theresa said...

Nancy, I love that print! Looking forward to seeing it paired with pants or leggings.

Theresa in Tucson

Martha said...

Oh, my goodness. I love this one. I guess it's not a HUGE surprise since this is one of my all-time-favorite patterns. But with a border print? Wonderful!

Mary said...

oh...oh, so pretty in a border print. I love it!

Beverly said...

Interesting fabric - I love it. And your top turned out so great.

NancyDaQ said...

I will have a couple pictures of me wearing it posted soon. I am looking forward to making another border print version from embroidered linen, but other projects first!